Together we can safeguard Canada’s future. Be we need to act now!
We are worried that Canada is being swept up in global trend of authoritarian, nationalistic, and shortsighted political changes. This is a direction that contradicts Canada.
We see those candidates in the Conservative Party Leadership Election who’s vision for Canada is at odds with our history and values as agents of change for the worse. Together we can prevent them for becoming Conservative Party Leader, Leader of the Opposition and potential Prime Minister.
Specifically we believe that a Conservative Party led by Kellie Leitch, Kevin O’Leary will be bad for Canada. So we ask that you do the following things:
Join the Conservative Party if you’re not already a member before March 28th 2017.(VOTER REGISTRATION CLOSED!)
- Share the message with as many people as you can.
- Receive your ballot by mail.
- Vote for a reasonable Candidates in the Leadership Election and send in your ballot before May 27, 2017.
For our goals it doesn’t matter who you vote for, so long as you rank every candidate above Kellie Leitch and Kevin O’Leary.
That’s the minimum that we ask of you. But there’s so much more you can do. To really make a difference we need you to do
- Familiarize yourself with the Candidates, their voting history, platforms, and policies.
- Pick a candidate you like, or at least tolerate, when signing up for the conservative party, select this candidate to receive your donation.
- Understand the voting process and factors that allow the opportunity to prevent the worst candidates from winning the leadership election.
- Get to know the counter arguments to Tolerable Opposition.
- Get passionate about the cause.
- Go to your local party meetings.
- Talk up your candidate of choice. But do it respectfully. Telling people they’re wrong is a good way to put them on the defensive, and makes them less receptive to new ideas.
- Point to Trump’s Presidency as an example of how bad it can be.
- Talk about this to everybody.
- Share the message on Social Media.
- Get involved in and start discussions about Canadian politics whenever you can.
- Make sure to involve any Permanent Residents you know. They can become members and vote in the election, and have the most to lose should Kellie Leitch or similar candidates rise to power.
- Send us your election news stories and opinions. We’ll be watching the election carefully, but your local sources may carry additional information that would otherwise be missed.